CMS Instances always enjoy the option to install or upgrade to the latest versions of Xibo and upgrading can be managed from within the customer portal.
There are two types of upgrade:
- Upgrading to the next point release
- Upgrading to a new series
A point release is represented by the last digit of the version number - e.g. 1.6.3. The series is any of the other two numbers, e.g. 1.6.
Upgrading to the next point release
Point releases contain bug fixes and minor improvements - on completion of an upgrade you are recommended to upgrade your signage players to the same version, however the signage players will continue to connect to the new CMS while you upgrade them.
Upgrading to a new series
A new series of Xibo will contain new features and improvements - it is likely that you will need to upgrade your signage player software once the CMS upgrade has completed. It is important that you are in a position to do this once the upgrade has completed as the signage player will stop communicating with the newer CMS.
Requesting an upgrade
Requesting an upgrade couldn't be simpler - just follow the steps below:
- Log into your Customer Portal Account.
- Navigate to your "Hosting Accounts" page
- If an upgrade is available for an account there will be a button "Upgrade to x.x.x", where x.x.x is the version number.
- If you want to upgrade, click that button and accept the confirmation message.
- A notification message will appear and the upgrade will be complete in 5 minutes.
Toggle Auto Upgrade
You can set your CMS to automatically upgrade to point releases in the same series - e.g. 1.6.3 to 1.6.4.